Join for free and connect with our local tech scene
Stay on top of the latest companies and upcoming events with our weekly newsletter, and be counted among the people building the future of your local tech community.
"Narrowing the skills gap, one chapter at a time."
NOTE: This virtual self-study group will be led by Vickie Comrie, Senior Percolator. Learn more about becoming a Senior Percolator and giving back to the Boston PHP community.
This virtual self-study group will focus on WordPress. The pdf book + theme + updates we will be using are from The Tao of WordPress.
Self-Study Group Format
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
• Each participant obtains a copy of the same pdf book: The Tao of WordPress.
• Each participant commits to read one chapter per week, complete the exercises and post links to your completed work.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board for each chapter. Each comment will receive a response. Participants will also receive a weekly group e-mail update.
• Each participant who completes the book is recognized on the Self-Study Group | Wall of Accomplishment.
Note: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
Once you have access to the book, you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule.
How Do I Get Started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP Meetup if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for WordPress Dressing, Season 1. Simply RSVP: Yes
• Obtain a copy of the book (the only program cost). Simply visit The Tao of WordPress website and Buy Book ($38). Then, start your virtual learning by reading one chapter at a time, completing the exercises and posting a link to your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover 12 chapters in the book starting Sunday, January 14, 2018 and ending Saturday, April 7, 2018. Refer to the Introduction to WordPress -- Master Discussion List for specific dates.
Q: Do I have to wait until Sunday, January 14 TBD to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you obtain a copy of your pdf book. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself message board once you receive your book so that we can gauge participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below ("Add a comment") and you will receive a response.
Invite your friends, family members and co-workers to join in the fun. Then, let's start pressing!