NEXUS-NY - a $6M, NYSERDA sponsored technology commercialization initiativeInboxx Hayden BrainardNov 19 (2 days ago)
FYI – I suspect you have heard about this great opportunity!
From: Sam Ticknor [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:04 AM
Subject: NEXUS-NY - a $6M, NYSERDA sponsored technology commercialization initiative
Dear UVANY Members,
Below and attached please find information on NEXUS-NY — a new, five year, $6M, NY State-wide initiative sponsored by NYSERDA.
The program offers researchers the opportunity to assess the commercial potential of their inventions.
More specifically, NEXUS-NY will provide resources for early stage technology teams, including:
• Commercialization grants up to $50,000 or more per technology team
• A 12-week program which allows participants to learn and implement
“lean start-up” methods
• Assistance from experienced business mentors and advisors
Other Program Elements include:
• Program participants will have the chance to develop, polish and “pitch” their business plans to qualified seed-stage investors.
• Excell Partners, a NY State supported seed fund, has committed to provide up to $150,000 annually to one or more companies emerging from NEXUS-NY (subject to availability of funds).
The initial RFP is expected to open on 11/25/2013 with proposals due by 12/15/2013.
More information is available at http://nexus-ny.org/Commercializing-Clean-Energy where you can find a Fact Sheet, a draft application plus a FAQ Sheet which should fill in many of the holes.
For more detailed information on this program, contact Doug Buerkle at the coordinates below or go to www.NEXUS-NY.org
Executive Director, NEXUS-NY
New Energy Xcelerator in UpState NY
A NYSERDA Proof-of-Concept Center at High Tech Rochester
150 Lucius Gordon Drive, Suite 100 | West Henrietta, NY 14586
P: 585.214.2417 | C: 585-797-9684 | F: 585-272-0054
email@example.com | www.htr.org
Executive Director, UVANY